Permanent lip color is the solution to emphasize the lip-line, enhance the beauty of well-shaped lips, or re-shape lips.
Permanent lip color can correct asymmetry, add definition and fullness, enlarge thin lips and minimize the appearance of large lips.
Colors are custom-blended; we can find a light color for a natural look, a bright color for a dramatic look, or match your favorite tube of lipstick.
Based on your consultation and according to the size and contour of your lips, you and I as a team will find the shape and style that will look best for your features.
Lip Liner and Full Lip Pre-Care
- Permanent Lip Color is not recommended if you have any dermal fillers such as Silicone, Restulane, Juvederm, Radiesse, Perlane or Gortex.
- If you are prone to cold sores, make sure you take your anti-herpes medication 3 days before your lip appointment to prevent them.
- In order to get your lip liner done with Micropigmentation, your lips need to be healthy. Have any dental work done prior to your permanent makeup appointment.
- It is recommended to take two Tylenol (pain killers) an hour before your appointment, they will help you to level down the sensitivity of your skin. Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Advil and Ibuprofen.
- Do not drink caffeine, alcohol, power supplements or take fish oil 24 hours prior the procedure.
Lip Liner and Full Lip Post-Care
- Please click here to view The First Week of Healing instructions
- Lips will feel swollen and tender for a few days following the procedure.
- Following the procedure, your lips will look fuller than intended due to swelling. After the 4th day, they will look normal in size.
- You may apply an ice pack for 5 minutes every 3 to 4 hours for the next 48 hours after your procedure. DO NOT APPLY ICE BY THE THIRD DAY. IT WILL RUIN YOUR LIP LINER.
- Be aware that the color of your lips will lighten significantly after the 4th day.
- It is important to apply aftercare ointment consistently to your lips with a swab during the first week.
- You will notice that on the second or third day post procedure, your lips will start of slough off the pigment and scabs will be formed. DO NOT pick at your lips! Allow your lips to slough off the pigment naturally. By the 5th or 6th day, the sloughing is complete. Your lips at that time will be quite light in color.
- After the third week, your lips will become more colorful. By the 4th week, you will see the permanent shade you have been patiently waiting for.
- Stay out of the sun light for 6 weeks - it will quickly fade the color of your makeup.
- For 4 days do not drink directly from a glass, a cup or bottle of water- ALWAYS USE A STRAW to drink any liquid.
- Do not kiss on the cheek or the mouth for 6 days.
- When you eat, use a teaspoon or small fork to put food in your mouth.
- Be careful when brushing your teeth as tooth paste will pull out pigment.
- Do not pick or pull off the sloughing pigment, let it fall off naturally.
- Do not wear lipstick the first 10 days after your procedure.
- If you are prone to cold sores, make sure you take your anti-herpes medication three days before your next lip appointment to prevent them.
- Schedule your follow up or touch up appointment 4 to 8 weeks following your initial procedure. After this period, the fee of the touch up (normally $70) will increase to $150.
- Every two years, you should come for a color boost. You will go through the same process - first you will come for your permanent makeup procedure, then 30 days after for the touch up.